Preparation time: 15 min
I here present #3 of my breakfast series: breakfast flatbread with bacon, eggs, feta & avocado.
Again a very, very satisfying breakfast dish that is very, very easy to make. You can replace the bacon with tomatoes or peppers for a vegetarian version and/or use different kinds of fresh herbs. This flatbread also makes a great lunch, dinner, brunch, brinner or snack inbetween.
- flatbread dough (you can either use Tante Fanny’s or the homemade version)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 avocado
- 4 slices of bacon
- crumbled feta (about a handful)
- a little bit of fresh parsley or basil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the dough on baking paper and separate into two equal parts.
- Spread each with cream cheese and add small pieces of the bacon.
- Crack an egg over each flatbread, sprinkle with pepper and bake for about 10 minutes.
- As soon as the eggs are done add the crumbled feta & avocado and bake for another 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, pepper & salt and serve hot.