Preparation time: 35 min
Obviously there is no need to explain why I am posting this recipe. I mean, it’s about fries!… Simple, delicious & comforting fries that everybody is going to love.
For two servings or as a side dish for 4-6 people you will need:
- 1/2 kg potatoes
- one big yam
- olive oil
- fresh or dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- Cut the potatoes and the yam into thin fries and put them in a big mixing bowl.
- Cover with cold water and let soak for about an hour.
- Rinse the fries in a sieve and dry them using a clean kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet using baking paper in between.
- Drizzle with olive oil (about 4 tbsp) and season with thyme, salt & pepper.
- Now bake the fries for about 10 minutes before you turn them and leave them in the oven for another 15-2o minutes.
- Increase the heat to 200°C in the last 3-5 minutes. The fries should get this nice brown color but, of course, should net get burnt too much.