Preparation: 1 h 15 min
Since I had my first Ceviche a few weeks ago I am literally obsessed with it! Ceviche is a great & fresh summer dish, which is quite easy to make and allows you to experiment with the ingredients. The „real“ Ceviche originates in Peru and consists of basic white fish with lime, red onions, cilantro and avocado. So this might probably be the best way to do it. But when my host in Brussels showed me his own version of Ceviche I got kind of infected with the idea of also creating „my own“ Ceviche for what you will need:
- one very fresh salmon steak
- 3 grapefruits
- 4 tbsp of coconut milk
- a good handful of mint and/or basil
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Rinse the salmon under cold water.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Squeeze one grapefruit and mix its juice with the coconut milk, a little bit of olive oil, mint/basil, salt & pepper in a small bowl or glass.
- Now pour this marinade over the salmon and let it rest in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the grapefruit into skinless wedges.
- To serve just remove the salmon from the marinade, place it on a nice plate, add the grapefruit wedges and decorate with mint or basil. Top with a tiny bit of good quality olive oil and some more salt & pepper if necessary.