Preparation time: 10 min & 6 h freezing time
I’ve been wanting to do this for such a long time: making my own popsicles!
I remember my mom creating all kinds of ice cream & fruit popsicles when we were young, but after that I completely forgot about it. Since homemade popsicles are all over the internet right now and seem to be very trendy as you can already buy them in different shops in Vienna, I ordered popsicle molds on amazon.com and waited until there was enough space in my stuffed freezer to implement finally my recipe of lime & kiwi popsicles that I’ve been thinking about for quite a long time :)
If you don’t have popsicle molds you could also use small muffin molds or even small glasses. Instead of wooden popsicle-sticks you could also use spoons.
For 4 popsicles you will need:
- 2 limes
- greek yoghurt (200 gr)
- 2 tsp of maple syrup
- 3 kiwis
- In a small mixing bowl combine the yoghurt, the juice of two limes & the zest of one lime and stir well.
- Add the maple syrup – you can use more or less than 2 tsp – depending on how sweet you want your popsicles to be.
- Peel the kiwis.
- Mash 2 kiwis using a fork or a blender.
- Cut the 3rd kiwi in slices.
- Fill about one-third of the ice molds with the mashed kiwis.
- Add one slice of kiwi and fill the rest of the mold with the yoghurt & lime mixture.
- Freeze for about 4-6 hours.