Preparation time: 1 h
Since my days in Paris I was really eager to make any tart as soon as I got home. Since apricots are in season now, and I love the sour taste they get when you bake or cook them, I created this „Tarte aux apricots“ using ground walnuts instead of flour.
If you want to try this simple recipe you will need:
- 1 kg of fresh & ripe apricots
- 200 gram of ground walnuts (or hazelnuts and almonds) OR 200 gram of wheat flour OR mixed
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 150 gr of butter
- one handful of sliced almonds
- Cut the butter in small pieces and combine it with the ground walnuts in a big mixing bowl until you get a smooth paste.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Spread the dough in a tart tin and set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Cut the apricots in halves and place them on the dough.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Shortly before taking it out, sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of it and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy plain, with ice cream or with greek yoghurt!