Preparation time: 15-20 min
This is #2 of my breakfast series: an egg & potato cake with fresh parsley and spring onion. It is pretty satisfying on a cold monday morning like today’s & very easy to make. You should cook the potatoes in advance though – they can be stored in the fridge for about 3 days when cooked to the bite.
Feel free to play around with the ingredients: leave out the srping onions, replace the parsley with basil or oregano, add slices of tomatoes or spice up the whole thing with a little bit of chili.
- 500 g cooked potatoes
- 6 eggs
- one handful of chopped parsley
- one handful of srping onion
- 1 cup goat cream cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Slice the cooked potatoes and place in a casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop parsley & spring onion and combine with the potatoes.
- Add about 3 tbsp of olive oil, season with slt & pepper and gently combine.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the eggs with a fork for a few seconds and pour over the potatoes.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the eggs are done.
- To serve just add a little bit of creamy goat cheese and sprinkle with sea salt & parsley.