Preparation time: 20 min
This is for breakfast, for dessert and for BBQ!
For breakfast pair those beautiful apricots with yoghurt or porridge. For dessert combine it with vanilla ice cream or gâteau au chocolat. For dinner serve it as chutney to lamb, fish or beef.
These stewed apricots are the definition of allrounder-food plus they take like 10 minutes and very few & easy tasks to make.
- 1 pound of fresh apricots
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- a small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp of orange blossom water (optional)
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the pip.
- In a small pot combine the apricots, the juice of one lemon, the rosemary and the maple syrup and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Peel the ginger and add it to the apricots.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Taste and add a little more of the maple syrup (if necessary).
- Set aside and let cool down to room temperature.
- Stir in the orange blossom water and serve.