As a child I never really cared much about fish. Since „Nemo“ though, I find fish very cute. Even delightful. Also, I now think that fish make a delightful dinner.
This is why I will share my favorite way to prepare fish with you, which again is very easy and will not require any special fishy-skills.
For one to two servings you will need:
- fresh fish (naturally…)
- a handful of fresh or dried bay leafs
- one organic lemon
- two handfuls of different fresh herbs (such as basil, mint, rocket, cilantro, etc.)
- olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Make sure your fish is free from scales and is cleaned from its innards.
- Slice half of the lemon and put it into the fish’s belly.
- Make 3 to 4 small incisions on each side of the fish and stuff them with bay leafs.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the fish on high heat for about 4 minutes on each side. This will get you crispy skin.
- Now reduce the heat to medium and fry the fish for another 5-7 minutes on each side – depending on how big your fish is and what kind of pan you use.
- Meanwhile gently mix the herbs using your hands, drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and sprinkle it with salt & pepper. Maybe add some lemon juice to give that salad of fresh herbs an even fresher note.
- Serve the fish on a big plate, sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper and garnish with your herbs salad.